Friday, October 5, 2012

Who's That Doctor?

Before I came back to school I had mentioned I might get to spay a cat.  Well I actually did.  This cat was a stray that the hospital had.  A doctor was in the room with me the whole time but was just observing and explaining while I did the surgery.  Although I was nervous it ended up being a lot of fun.  Other than explaining the doctor also took pictures while the surgery was going.  I think she was just as excited as I was to have me be in surgery.





The surgery went well and the patient did fine.  She was adopted three weeks ago and is named Nellie.  After the surgery I was told that if I want to I can have more cats lined up for me when I get home from school.  Sounds like I am going to have a fun semester off in the spring.

We are now almost halfway through my last semester and it is going fast.  A couple of weeks ago I went to a conference in Pennsylvania about propionic acidemia.  During Mayterm I had done a research project among the Amish focusing on this disease so it was interesting to go to this.  I am also doing an independent study that is following up the Mayterm by doing a literature review.  This weekend is homecoming and Saturday night will end with me being in SPOT.  It is going to be really fun.  TTFN.


No comments:

Post a Comment