Saturday, August 17, 2013

Autumn's Renewal of Mind

Autumn's Renewal of Mind is what I titled the quilt I finally finished.  Romans 12:2 says, "Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind.  Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is- his good, pleasing and perfect will." and this is where I took the renewal of the mind for the title. Although autumn may not seem like a time of renewal I see it as such.  In Ephesians 4:22-24 we are told to put off the old self and to be made new in the renewal of our minds that way we can put on our new self which is created to be like God.  This is what I see in autumn which is a period of rest and shedding of the old.  It is a time of preparation for when the new will be put on.  Autumn is a slower season wrapped up in anticipation of winter which allows one to reflect and contemplate the world around her.  All these thoughts are what led me to the name as this quilt is a picture of a farm in autumn.

Here are the pictures of the finished quilt:




I made my first quilt sleeve with which to hang this quilt.  I also experimented a little with free motion quilting.  This project has made me realize I would like to do more free motion quilting and so I have found some fabrics I can do that with and will probably turn them into postcards and ornaments.  I may even raffle, auction, or sell them off when I am done with them.  Although it took me a few months to make it I enjoyed every minute and will be sad to see it go.  What makes me happy though is it is going to a great home where it will be loved and appreciated.  I hope the next quilt of this size that I make will be done in a much more timely manner.

1 comment:

  1. I love this quilt and the thoughts you have about it. Keep up the great work. Nanny

    ReplyDelete