Sunday, August 3, 2014

To Be Loved

I have been blessed with so many amazing people that I see everyday. Yesterday was my last day working my job at Hannaford. That gives me two weeks before I move to get everything in order. The week leading up to my last day I heard from so many people how much I will be missed and how even though they weren't working that day they would come in. Half way through my day the store manager called a huddle on the front end. It was the largest huddle I have ever seen in that store. He explained that normally they don't have huddles for people moving on as it happens frequently but this was a special case. I was headed right where I wanted to be and that was special. He then let everyone know that they were able to have the jean dress down day because I had used all my front end 'dress down coupons' to purchase the dress down day. After the huddle I had so many hugs, hand shakes, good lucks, and congratulations. I had a card from the store and a card from a coworker. Near the end of my shift one of my coworkers who hadn't worked that day came in and asked how it felt to have only 20 minutes left. She then stayed and chatted while counting down the time for me. Going to punch out I was stopped by numerous people wanting hugs and wishing me well. In the end it took me 10 minutes after punching out to leave the store. Over the next two weeks I look forward to hanging with some of the amazing people in my life. I hope I can inspire the next group of people I meet in the same way I have the people I have spent the past year and a half if not longer. I also hope I can show God's love to them as well.

The following verse I feel sums up my time in New Hampshire and is something I want to live out in Ohio.
"Be happy with those who are happy, and weep with those who weep. Live in harmony with each other. Don't be too proud to enjoy the company of ordinary people. And don't think you know it all!"
Romans 12:15-16 NLT

Until Ohio! TTFN!














1 comment:

  1. Congrats, Kara! You are loved and you are special. I love the verse you quoted. I must copy it and memorize it. And so many people at the store ask how you're doing. You are missed. I find myself looking to see if you or Alex are working when I come in for my shift!!
    Hugs, Nanny

    ReplyDelete