Thursday, May 6, 2010

Commence Pre-Flight Inspection

Well, I've thought for a long time about having a blog and finally decided to create one. I first got the idea from my mom's blog and seeing as we both have our many quilting projects thought it would be a great idea but never got around to it until now. Hopefully I will keep up with it.

Life around here is getting crazy what with finishing my paper for my honors class (which I turned in today) my trip to the Balkans coming up, building our house, and trying to see if I can find a vets to work at this summer. Hopefully that last one will be worked out before I leave for the Balkans.



Our puppy Riley is quite adorable and can never seem to get enough attention. He is great to play with. All you have to do is lay on the floor and wait for him to stop licking your ears, crawl over your neck, and race up and down your legs. Watching him race in circles is great fun too.



It's too bad Ginger doesn't get along too well yet but we are hoping that will change once they are in the new house.
I have finished my first year at Houghton and am about to finish my Easts Meets West Honors program with a trip through Eastern Europe. What a trip that will be. I will be traveling around with a group of 27 other students, our professor, and his wife for three weeks and then traveling with a few friends for a little more after that. We finally got our itinerary today from our professor. On Monday we will fly from Toronto to Budapest where our adventures will commence. Throughout our trek in the Balkans we will journey through Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Serbia, and Montenegro ending up in Venice. And yes, to all you who ask, I will take plenty of pictures and I will share them with you. For me however, my trip begins Saturday after work. I will be going to southern New Hampshire late Saturday so I can leave early Sunday to go to Rochester where I will stay the night and from there I will leave for Toronto and the Balkans.

After I get back it will be interesting to see how far our house has come. To save the trouble of describing that project you can go here to follow what is going on.

I need some sleep so I can be ready for my Aunt Debbie day! TTFN.

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to hear about your trip! Hopefully you will be able to update us some while you are traveling. We will miss you!!!!!!!! Have fun and be safe!!!!

    ReplyDelete