Friday, May 7, 2010

Preparing for Takeoff

Today I had a wonderful Kara/Debbie day with my Aunt Debbie. We went for our normal Concord trip. For lunch we had appetizers at the Olive Garden. This was followed by a trip to Borders where you can never spend enough time just browsing. Once again I forgot my Borders gift card. I'll finally remember it one of these times. Together we did some last minute shopping for my trip which I start tomorrow evening.
I have semi figured out the details about working at a vets this summer. It looks like I will be spending about a month in Lowville, NY at the practice there with my Uncle Chuck. The only downside to this is that it will be just volunteering so I will lose a month's worth of time that I could be working at Hannaford earning money for school. I will get to see all aspects at working at a veterinary hospital though as well as experience and that is what I need if I am to go on to vet school.
The house is coming along wonderfully and it will be interesting to see how much work has been done on it with all the time I won't be home to help :( I will just have to help as much as possible when I am home I guess.
Well tomorrow I start on my trek. After work I come home, change, grab my stuff (hope I have all I need), and head out to the first waypoint on my trip to the Balkans. If you don't hear from me soon don't worry it just means I can't come to the internet right now and will get back to you as soon as I can. TTFN.

3 comments:

  1. Kara I am SO EXCITED for you! This is a chance of a lifetime... and you will be visiting the most amazing countries! I can't wait to check up on your blog about your trip! I will be praying for you! Be safe, take lots of picures, have a blast and remember to come back home!! :) You are loved!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hugs, love and prayers for a wonderful trip. And the Bible verse you've chosen for your blog also is one of my favorites. I like how you tie your blog title into it.
    Nanny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Kara,
    I'm leaving a message here since I know you will check here if you get a chance. I can't unlock your computer. I tried the password you left with the computer and it just says it's not valid. Could you please e-mail it to me so I can try again. I'll try accessing your e-mail from our computer.
    Hope you are having a blast!
    Love you!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete